Speed Couriers Refund Policy for Internet Bookings
We work really hard so that all our of clients receive the very highest levels of customer service; our intention is your complete satisfaction with our sameday courier and overnight nextday parcel services.
Occasionally things don’t go exactly to plan and so we feel the very best way to ensure that clients are 100% pleased with our service is to be clear about what we will (and won’t) do…………….
We will use our reasonable endeavours to collect your consignment within the stated time frame; however, we will not be liable for any loss or expenses you may suffer if the consignment is not collected on time. Should you require an exact collection time please telephone the office once you have booked.
We may refuse to accept a consignment for delivery, or any part of it. We may also inspect a consignment, for example, to check for dangerous goods.
It is important that you select the appropriate size of vehicle to make your courier delivery; too large and you will incur unnecessary costs, too small and your goods may not fit. Our fleet page can be reviewed here, and can also be downloaded; please also feel free to ring the office and discuss your exact requirements. If you order a vehicle that is found to be small on arrival at the collection point this will be deemed a situation out of our control; the cancellation and refund procedure as below shall apply.
Where we are required to sign to acknowledge collection of your consignment, then that signature will not be regarded as evidence of the condition of the goods. If we are kept waiting or loading longer than 15 minutes at either the collection address or delivery address, we may charge you an additional amount, this being our standard hourly rate of the vehicle in question.
We will make one attempt to deliver your consignment, but if we cannot do so, we will have the option to either make a second attempt, or deliver to an alternative address provided by you, or return the consignment to you (see cancellations below). Either of these alternatives will be at your cost, but we will contact you first to agree the best option. If we still cannot deliver your consignment we will contact you for further instructions.
We will take all reasonable steps to obtain a proof of delivery at the time of delivery, and that proof of delivery will be conclusive evidence that the consignment was delivered complete and in good order, unless the consignee marks otherwise at the time of delivery. We will not be liable for any loss or misdelivery where delivery has been made in good faith to a person claiming to be the consignee, or an employee, subcontractor or agent of the consignee.
The proof of delivery may be either in electronic format or hard copy paper format. We will only retain original hard copy proofs of delivery obtained by us and/or any other associated documentation relating to deliveries for a minimum period of six months from the date of collection. After that we may destroy these items without any reference or obligation to you.
There are certain items we cannot accept liability for on any of our services. These include cash, notes, money orders, vouchers, credit cards, stamps, deeds, passports, tickets, travellers cheques, jewellery, precious stones, watches, precious metals, works of art, antiques, china, glass, living creatures and any other similar valuable articles.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage to any consignment that cannot be carried within lockable equipment normally provided on the vehicle you order from us. For example, if you order a motorcycle to make a delivery and your consignment is too big to fit in its carrying equipment, we may be able to carry it (providing it is safe to do so), but will not be liable for any loss or damage to that consignment.
We will not be liable for any consequential or economic loss or damage suffered by you or any third party. Our liability is strictly limited to the cost of replacement of, or repair to, the goods sent in the consignment, subject to limits and conditions given below.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage to the consignment, or any delay or misdelivery if the cause was any of the following:-
- a) War, terrorism, riot, strike, lockout or any similar action.
- b) Natural disasters (e.g. floods), poor or extreme weather conditions.
- c) The consignment being seized or detained by any public authority.
- d) Incorrect or insufficient address given on the consignment note or manifest. This includes any omission or ambiguity of information provided by you.
- e) Incorrect or insufficient packaging of the consignment.
- f) Natural wastage of a perishable or fragile consignment.
- g) Traffic congestion or delay.
- h) Any other event reasonable beyond our control.
If the loss or damage is our fault, then our liability to you is limited as follows:-
- a) Up to £10,000 per vehicle for same day delivery,
- b) Up to £100 per consignment for next day delivery,
- c) Up to £100 per consignment for international delivery.
If these limits are not sufficient for your requirements, then we can provide extra insurance cover on individual consignments for an additional charge.
If we are to consider any claim for non-delivery, late delivery, or loss or damage to the consignment, you must notify us in writing within 7 days of delivery for any shortage or damage, and within 14 days for any loss. We will be entitled to ask you for written evidence to establish the value of the loss or damage (for example, a copy invoice from supplier). We may also ask you to obtain an estimate for repair if appropriate.
If you wish to cancel a booking placed with Speed you must contact us on 0161 877 2000 at the earliest opportunity. You may email us on firstname.lastname@example.org but you must also telephone to ensure that your message has been received. You may be entitled to a refund as below:-
- If the vehicle has not left our Operating Centre at the point of cancellation, then you will be entitled to a full refund less an administration fee.
- If the vehicle has left the Operating Centre and is on route to the collection point a charge will be made commensurate with the time spent and distance travelled up to the point of cancellation. This charge will be subject to the vehicles minimum charge value.
- If the vehicle attends the collection point and is unable to make the collection, for any reason outside of our control, a charge will be made commensurate with the time spent and distance travelled up to that point. This charge will be subject to the vehicles minimum charge value.
- Once the collection has been made and the vehicle is on route, if the delivery is then cancelled, a charge will be made commensurate with the time spent and distance travelled to return the items to the collection point. This charge will be subject to the vehicles minimum charge value.
Nothing within this Refund Policy amends, modifies, adapts or otherwise changes, or provides a derogation from our full Terms and Conditions of Business which should be read in conjunction with this information.